Auto Injury Medical Massage
Currently NOT accepting new MVA Clients.
After an auto injury, your body needs extra care. Massage can:
- Alleviate pain and improve range of motion
- Relieve headaches caused by injury
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post-surgery adhesion and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve stress
- Reduce insomnia
- Relieve nerve pain
- Calm your body, mind, and spirit
Included in Auto Injury Massage:
- Coordination with your auto insurance including billing
- Holistic treatment unique to your injury
If you were injured in an auto accident in the State of Oregon and have automobile insurance, your expenses to see a complimentary alternative health care practitioner are covered, even if the accident was your fault. This coverage allows you to be treated for your auto accident related injuries with a simple referral from your chiropractor or medical doctor.
Auto Injury massage can benefit in recovery for many injuries brought on by an automobile accident; including whiplash, neck and back injuries, tendon damage, muscle spasms, myofascial pain, headaches, migraines, and insomnia (pain can interrupt sleep).
Steps To Scheduling:
1. Contract your primary care physician or Chiropractor. Your physician or chiropractor will need to fill out the medical referral form or write you a prescription for massage.
2. Schedule your appointment and simply bring your massage prescription along with the following insurance info:
- Auto Insurance Company Name, Address, and phone number
- Incident Claim Number
- Date of Accident
- Adjuster’s Name and Number
Pre-authorization is not required but highly recommend.
We cover your treatment in accordance standards set by your insurance.
The prices stated in the Massage Service Menu and Packages section, reflect discounts for payment at time of service for clients and is for non-medical or physician referred massages. Medical massage under MVA insurance is billed in accordance with UCR (usual, customary, and reasonable) fees this service is available in 15 minutes increments at a rate of up to $49.98 per unit and is based on actual time spent covering the treatment on credit, requiring hours of billing time, tracking, and collecting payment for services and requires well documented records and chart notes for billing purposes which is normally not required.
Medical Massage is a term that refers to special techniques used when massage is part of the overall treatment of medical problems stemming from trauma to the body such as a car accident. This form of massage is often, but not always, done under the instruction of a physician, in the case of work-related injuries or auto injuries, and focuses on addressing the affected area(s). As your therapist, I will conduct a thorough health intake during each massage session and develop a treatment plan to provide you with the most appropriate treatment for your injury. We will document progress and work closely with other health care providers to ensure you receive the best care possible.
If you have recently been injured in an auto accident, or have an injury relating to a car/bike accident, you may be eligible to receive massage, acupuncture, and chiropractic care for up to two years from the date of your injury and at no out of pocket cost to you. An initial exam from a doctor or chiropractor, complete with a prescription, is required to receive coverage for massage services. We are happy to provide billing services for treatment with the necessary documentation. This includes a prescription for treatment, claim number, date of injury and insurance company contact information.
You may also send the needed information via
*You are responsible for any denied and unpaid claims*
Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns.